Get to know a different kind of employer.
We pride ourselves on being a different kind of company, but we also know that our difference frequently leads to questions among our candidates. Here are some answers to the ones we hear most often.
1. How is TMC different from other therapy companies?
We’re not in business solely to make a profit. We genuinely believe in giving back to others. That’s why we focus on making a difference in the lives of everyone we serve. We trust that, by doing the right thing for our customers, patients, and our own staff, we will find a success far greater than simple financial gain.
As part of our team, you’ll be treated like a valuable member of our family. Although we expect excellence in everything you do for us, we also appreciate your need to balance work with your personal and spiritual life. We strive to create an environment that allows you to do this.
2. How long has TMC been in business?
TMC has been making a difference since 1995.
3. How has TMC been affected by the Medicare changes in recent years?
The one thing we know we can count on in our business is change. That’s why TMC remains vigilantly proactive with regard to new regulations. We work in advance to develop a detailed plan to ensure that our employees and clients are well equipped to handle any changes that affect those they serve.
4. What type of support should I expect from TMC?
We’re committed to developing servant leaders who put the needs of others above their own. Our senior leadership team, regional directors of operations, area managers, and facility rehab directors are committed to providing the resources you need to be successful and achieve personal and professional growth.
5. What is considered full-time employment?
Employees who work at least 30 hours per week.
6. Do part-time employees receive benefits?
Yes, we offer benefits to part-time employees:
- PTO accrual based on hours worked, up to a maximum of 40 hours per year.
- Holiday pay of four hours per holiday
- 401(k) Plan
7. What are the benefits offered at TMC?
TMC offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote the health and financial security of you and your family:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), accrual each pay period in addition
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible-Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Plans
- Retirement Plan/401(k)
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
8. When do my benefits start?
Benefits are effective on the first day of the month following 30 days of service.
9. When will my insurance deductions be taken out of my paycheck?
Every pay period
10. Explain your 401(k) plan and how it works?
TMC’s 401(k) retirement savings plan is an excellent way for you to work toward your future financial security. Employees must complete one year of continuous service with a minimum of 1000 hours, and be at least 21 years of age. Employees will be 100% vested in their own contributions over a period of 5 years.
11. Does an employee have to be full time to participate in the 401(k)?
Part-time employees can participate in the 401(k) plan as long as they meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
12. Can I roll over money from my prior employer’s 401(k) plan to TMC’s 401(k) plan prior to meeting the eligibility requirements for salary deferrals?
Yes, you can immediately roll over 401(k) funds from another company before you are eligible to participate in TMC’s plan. You can choose how you want that money to be invested.
13. Will I have advancement opportunities?
TMC provides our staff with many opportunities to develop their leadership skills. Our philosophy of promoting from within encourages growth and development for all positions. We also provide training and educational opportunities to ensure your growth within our company.
14. How often do you give employee-performance appraisals?
Your first review will occur within 90 days of your hire date. You’ll also receive an annual 360 review. In addition, we feel it’s important to provide feedback throughout the year to ensure your professional development.
15. When and how often do I get paid?
Every two weeks.
16. Do you offer direct deposit?
We have direct deposit. Your money may be deposited into as many as four different accounts.
17. Will I be offered travel opportunities?
We have an internal travel program that allows you to travel to other facilities and states. This is a wonderful opportunity to see other practices and make new friends.
18. Do you hire new graduates?
Absolutely! We love assisting new graduates as they begin their journey to a rewarding career.