Get to Know a Different Kind of Employer.
We pride ourselves on being a different kind of company, but we also know that our difference frequently leads to questions among our candidates. Here are some answers to the ones we hear most often.
1. How is TMC Different From other Therapy Companies?
We’re not in business solely to make a profit. We genuinely believe in giving back to others. That’s why we focus on making a difference in the lives of everyone we serve. We trust that, by doing the right thing for our customers, patients, and our own staff, we will find a success far greater than simple financial gain.
As part of our team, you’ll be treated like a valuable member of our family. Although we expect excellence in everything you do for us, we also appreciate your need to balance work with your personal and spiritual life. We strive to create an environment that allows you to do this.
2. How Long has TMC Been in Business?
TMC has been making a difference since 1995.
3. How has TMC Been Affected by the Medicare Changes in Recent Years?
The one thing we know we can count on in our business is change. That’s why TMC remains vigilantly proactive with regard to new regulations. We work in advance to develop a detailed plan to ensure that our employees and clients are well equipped to handle any changes that affect those they serve.
4. What Type of Support Should I Expect from TMC?
We’re committed to developing servant leaders who put the needs of others above their own. Our senior leadership team, regional directors of operations, area managers, and facility rehab directors are committed to providing the resources you need to be successful and achieve personal and professional growth.
5. What is Considered Full-Time Employment?
Full-time employment is 40 hours per week. As caseload fluctuates, work schedules can vary between 30 and 40 hours weekly. Team members who consistently work at least a 30 hour week are eligible for full-time benefits.
5. What are the Full-Time Benefits Offered at TMC?
TMC offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote the health and financial security of you and your family:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), accrual each pay period in addition
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible-Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Plans
- Retirement Plan/401(k)
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Wellness and Planning Programs
7. Do Part-Time Employees Receive Benefits?
Yes, we offer benefits to part-time employees:
- PTO accrual based on hours worked, up to a maximum of 40 hours per year.
- Holiday pay of four hours per holiday
- 401(k) Plan
8. When do My Benefits Start?
Benefits are effective on the first day of the month following 30 days of service.
9. When Will My Insurance Deductions be Taken Out of My Paycheck?
Every pay period.
10. Explain Your 401(k) Plan and How it Works?
Full-time team members who are at least 21 years of age are eligible to participate in the plan as of the first of the month following 90 days of service and are auto-enrolled at 3%. Contribution levels can be changed at any time. Team members are always fully vested in their contributions. Employer contributions are vested over a 5 year period so team members are fully vested at the end of the 5th year of employment. Part-time team members are eligible to contribute after 1 year of service and 1000 hours of work.
11. Can I Roll Over Money From My Prior Employer’s 401(k) Plan to TMC’s 401(k) Plan Prior to Meeting the Eligibility Requirements for Salary Deferrals?
Yes, you can immediately roll over 401(k) funds from another company before you are eligible to participate in TMC’s plan. You can choose how you want that money to be invested.
12. Are There any Financial Planning Resources Available?
We offer 2 resources to assist our team members in planning for their future retirement. FreeGulliver offers individual financial assessment and advice in conjunction with our 401(k) plan. SmartDollar is also offered as a benefit for our team members to learn how to handle daily finances through a seven-step financial wellness plan.
13. Will I Have Advancement Opportunities?
TMC provides our staff with many opportunities to develop their leadership skills. Our philosophy of promoting from within encourages growth and development for all positions. We also provide training and educational opportunities to ensure your growth within our company.
14. Are There any Training Programs Offered?
We offer a wide variety of training programs available to team members through our E-Academy platform. Orientation and annual training courses are available along with professional development and continuing education coursework. These are reviewed and updated by our E-Learning team to maintain the most current content.
15. How Often do You Give Employee-Performance Appraisals?
An introductory period review is provided at 90 days of employment. Subsequent quarterly meetings are held with the team member and supervisor to provide continuous feedback on performance as well as discussion of personal and professional goals. We consider employee development to include assisting our team members to achieve their own personal goals as well as work-related professional goals, some departments conduct monthly development meetings.
16. When and How Often Do I Get Paid?
Every two weeks.
17. Do You Offer Direct Deposit?
All team members are set up with direct deposit of their paychecks. This can be into a bank account, or to a pay card. We do not issue paper checks. Deposits can be dispersed into more than one account.
18. Will I Be Offered Travel Opportunities?
We have an internal travel program that allows you to travel to other facilities and states. This is a wonderful opportunity to see other practices and make new friends.
19. Do You Hire New Graduates?
Absolutely! We love assisting new graduates as they begin their journey to a rewarding career.
20. How Do You Handle Work Schedules During the Pandemic?
We recognize that this is an unprecedented time and there are concerns over safety for our team members and patients both. Hours are scheduled to provide necessary treatment while minimizing the possibility of exposure. If furlough is necessary, team members are considered active for service. Our company will continue to maintain benefits for furloughed team members. Team members are required to make payments for their portion of benefit premiums.
21. Is PPE Provided for Team Members?
PPE is provided according to CDC guidelines. This includes N95 masks, gown, gloves, and hand sanitizer in each facility.